Caribbean ICT Roadshow
The Caribbean ICT Roadshow is a public awareness and education programme launched in 2009 by the Caribbean Telecommunications Union (CTU) and designed to enable stakeholders to reap the full benefits of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT). There have since been 23 editions of the Caribbean ICT Roadshow in 18 countries, including non-CTU Caribbean countries. Each edition of the programme is crafted specifically to suit the needs of the host country based on stakeholder consultations with the overarching theme of “Harnessing the Power of Innovation – the Engine for ICT-enabled Caribbean Development”.
The Caribbean ICT Roadshow demonstrates how technology can be used to transform society by offering education, fostering innovation and encouraging regional governments to implement ICT effectively with regard to public services and governance.
The Caribbean ICT Roadshow aims to benefit every sector of regional society with targeted programmes addressing the needs of the host country. To that end, all are invited to attend the Caribbean ICT Roadshow seminars to learn how ICT can enhance their lives. Dates and programmes are nationally advertised and open to the public.
The CTU partners with a number of international organisations to conduct the Caribbean ICT Roadshow, including the following:
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU)
- American Registry for Internet Names (ARIN)
- Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry (LACNIC)
- Congress WBN
- Inter-American Telecommunications Commission (CITEL)
- Gauss Research Laboratory
- Internet Society (ISOC)
- Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO)
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
- Commonwealth Secretariat
- European Union (ProInvest)
- Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority (ECTEL)
- Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)
- Packet Clearing House (PCH)
- Columbus Communications Inc